A little about us..
Here at Rosson Racing I have been building performance motorcycle engines since 1996. Over the years I have made it my personal goal to achieve the highest standards of performance and longevity from these engines. The tenacity of my work can be seen in the winner's circle.
Jerrad Elwell of Utah, running one of my 1988 GSXR 1100 engines, won the 04 Western Outlaw Mini Sprint Championship. Johnny Bates of California is the 05 California Lightning Sprints Champion, running one of my 2001 ZX12R engines. Brent Horn also of California, the California Lightning Sprint 05 Rookie of the Year, ran one of my 1990 GSXR 1100 engines. Rick Hench, of Henchcraft Racing Products won the 05 Western National race at Mojave Raceway, using one of my 01 ZX12R engines. In 2006 Rosson Racing was chosen as the CNYMS engine builder of the year and Don Harvey from New York won the CNYMS Championship running one of my 2001 zx12r engines. In 2007 Rosson Racing was chosen, for the second year in a row, as the CNYMS Engine Builder of the Year. Don "Rocket" Harvey, from New York, won his second consecutive championship running an 06 Yamaha R1 with one of my alcohol conversion packages. In my first year back as a driver, I won the 2007 California Lightning Sprints championship, running a 2001 ZX12R.
The 2008 season proved to be the best yet. Rosson Racing was named Engine Builder of the Year with CNYMS for the third straight year. We also received many recognized accomplishments, including:2008 Season Lightning Sprints
- Don "Rocket" Harvey won his third straight CNYMS Championship
- Brent Sexton won the 2008 California Lightning Sprints Championship
- Troy Ullery won the 2008 Western Slope Lightning Sprint Championship
- Bob Reichert won the 2008 Wisconsin Illinois Mini Sprint Championship
- Bob Reichert also won the 2008 Wilmot track Championship
- Beau Heavelow won the 2008 Midwest Outlaw Lightning Sprints Championship
- Alec Bender won the 2008 California Lightning Sprints Rookie of the Year
- Mike Van Acker won the 2008 CDCRA Senior Championship
- Mike Van Acker was also the 2008 Victorville Speedway Track Champion
- Mike Van Acker was also the 2008 Bakersfield Track Champion
- Kelly Gutches was the 2008 SODCA Champion
- Kelly Gutches was also the 2008 Southern Oregon Speedway Track Champion
- Kelly Gutches was also the 2008 Siskiyou Motor Speedway Track Champion
- Stuart Hielscher Sr. won the 2009 California Lightning Sprints Championship
- Phil Heavelow was the 2009 Ozark Mountain Midget Champion
- Kelly Gutches was the 2009 SODCA Champion
- Peter Benker was the 2010 California Lightning Sprint Rookie of the Year
- Phil Heavelow was the 2010 Ozark Mountain Midget Champion
- Kelly Gutches was the 2010 SODCA Champion
- Tim Brown won the 2011 Lightning sprints Championship
- Bobby Layne wins the 2011 Midwest Lightning Sprints
- Troy Ullery wins the 2011 Rocky Mountain Lightning Sprints
- Dave Fanning Q31 Australian Champion
- Ronnie "Monster" Williams wins the 2011 CDCRA Championship
- Ronnie "Monster" Williams wins the CDCRA South Champion
- Angel Figueroa 2011 CDCRA North Champion
- Kelly Gutches 2011 Western States National Champion Vet Division.
- Shawn Jones 2011 BAD Champion
- Shawn Jones 2011 Petaluma Champion
- Ryan Diatte 2011 Western States National Champion Pro Division.
In the spring of 2005, I became the west coast dealer for Henchcraft, a mini sprint parts manufacturer. I carry a full line of parts for chassis, as well as other mini sprint related parts. At Rosson Racing, we have the ability to build custom engines, or buyers can purchase directly from our stock. The engines we build here at Rosson Racing range from 1000cc up to 1200cc, something for everyone.
Rosson Racing expanded its CNC capabilities in July of 2008 with the addition of a Haas VF-2 VMC and a CNC Hass SL20T Lathe. This allows us to develop prototype parts, and offer our customers a large selection of CNC services. We can handle any of your CNC needs, big or small!
Any work that is performed on our engines is tested to its improvements and performance. Stats can be verified by Dyno run print-outs. These graphs show detailed information on the torque, horsepower, air fuel and speed. This performance test information is made available to purchasers. All the machine work that is performed on our engines is done here on the premises by some of the latest technology equipment available. This is to insure that you receive the highest quality of workmanship, resulting in a very competitive and long lasting engine.
D&R Chassis, in conjunction with Rosson Racing, has been developing a modernized dwarf car chassis with improved suspension, and a full-line of high quality components. With turn-key solutions as well as rolling chassis, D&R Chassis is your top choice for a winning combination. In our first two years in production we won the CDCRA Championship, CDCRA South Championship, CDCRA North Championship and CDCRA Overall Championship for the 2010 and 2011 Race Season. Our First year with Kevin Drake behind the wheel he won every race with the CDCRA for the season. And our Second year with Ronnie Monster Williams, Angel Figueroa, and Ron Dunlap they won 15 of the 16 races for the 2011 Race Season with the CDCRA. We won our first National event with the Western States in Medford Oregon.If you have questions or comments regarding any of the information covered in this website, please feel free to contact Rosson Racing directly at
15971 Salida Del Sol
Ramona, CA 92065